Trade Terms & Conditions
Trade Terms and Conditions
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- Who we are. We are LyntonFox Ltd a company registered in England and Wales.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team on 01453492336 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because our products are handmade, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website have a 5% tolerance.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website but we will endeavour to keep it as close to the images as possible.
YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible but please be aware that this may not be possible where the order is in the process of being prepared or has been dispatched. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8, Your rights to end the contract).
OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements to the ingredients and composition of the products. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, as told to you over the telephone or set out in our brochure or on our website or told to you in the course of email exchanges, we may make the following changes to these terms or the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received:
- Changes to the packaging or fragrance of the products; and
- Changes to the prices and delivery terms.
- Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
PROVIDING THE PRODUCTS
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as told to you or set out in our brochure or on our website or told to you in the course of email exchanges.
- Delivery times. We will deliver the products to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days after the day on which we have received the required payment.
- Changing the products. You are responsible for checking all products before signing for them. Goods requested to be delivered unsigned for are deemed to be without any defects in packaging and not broken in any way i.e. broken glass or ceramics. Any goods which are received and signed for are deemed to be without defects in packaging and not to be damaged in respect of broken glass or ceramics. They cannot later be deemed to have been damaged on delivery and no damaged goods can be returned in accordance with clause 8.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- Collection by you. If you have asked to collect the products from our fulfilment house, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays).
- If you are not available when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from our fulfilment house.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
- If you do not allow us access to provide services. If you do not allow us access to your property to perform the services as arranged (and you do not have a good reason for this) we may charge you additional costs incurred by us as a result. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange access to your property we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
- When you become responsible for the goods. A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect it from us.
- When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, your delivery address and any special instructions. If so, this will have been told to you or set out in our brochure or on our website or told to you in the course of email exchanges. We will contact you in writing to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the product for longer than 20 days in any 3 months we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for products while they are suspended. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 28 days and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
- We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see clause 12.4) and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not suspend the products where you dispute the unpaid invoice (see clause 12.6). We will not charge you for the products during the period for which they are suspended. As well as suspending the products we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments (see clause 12.5).
YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or miss-described you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do,see clause 8.2;
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see clause 8.7.
Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at 8.2.1 to 8.2.5 below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6.2);
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 28 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind (see clause 8.1), you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. A contract for services is completed when we have finished providing the services and you have paid for them. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you have not changed your mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US
Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call customer services on 01453492336 or email us at email@example.com. Please provide details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, delivery address and any special instructions;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your premises to supply the services.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 28 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team on 01453492336 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No more than 24 hours after you have received the product.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price as told to you or set out in our brochures or as set out in our price lists or on our website or told to you in the course of email exchanges. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment by bank transfer. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them, unless we have a credit agreement or other agreement in place with you.
- We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank Plc from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
- What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU OR YOUR BUSINESS
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Subject to clause 13.2:
- we shall not be liable to you whether in contract, tort, (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise for any loss of profit or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with any contract between us; and
- our total liability to you for all other claims arising or in connection with any contract between us whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, shall be limited to the total sums paid by you under such contract.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the products to you;
- to process your payment for the products; and
- if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
- We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
- How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. We may not agree without giving a reason. However, you may transfer our guarantee at clause 8.4 to a person who has acquired the product or, where the product is services, any item or property in respect of which we have provided the services. We may require the person to whom the guarantee is transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the relevant item or property.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, except as explained in clause 16.2 in respect of our guarantee. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.